Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Hope: here and now.



Hope.

When you think of this word do you automatically associate it with future? Do you see it as here and now?

I think Jesus sees it as here and now. Why don't we?
The kingdom of God is here and now.
What we do matters for eternity, maybe its time to start living as if hope is now.

I have been thinking about this recently because I tend to say "I wish Jesus would come back now." Although I do think that would be amazing, there is something about hope that is not just for when Jesus comes back, but is for now.

This goes along the lines of justice and shalom. How can I hope that something will get done that promotes shalom? Well, for one Jesus came, died, and rose again. I know the end result already, so why not live it and strive for hope that is in the here and now? I say lets go for what Jesus would strive for.

{undeveloped thought process... more to come}

Hm.

No comments: