Wednesday, December 9, 2009

the big 2-1

Haha, so contrary to popular belief, I, Angela Marie Blake, did not partake in any alcoholic beverages on my birthday.

Gasp! I know... crazy, right?

So instead I ordered a diet coke, woah! Go big or go home I say.

I was a bit saddened by this realization, but it is okay life will go on. Being in a Christian Program where there are 30 people and the fact that someone got kicked out the other day, does not help with the fact that I am 21 and could have ordered a drink.

Haha, I will admit I was a bit sad.

But yesterday was wonderful! My friends called a trillion times, got lots of texts, fb comments, singing messages, and encouragement yesterday. I truly believe that was worth more then anything. Miss Rachel McCord blessed me with a fb status, fb comments, a blog post, lots of texts, and a few phone calls. Meghan had her parents sing me happy birthday, sang me a song via voice mail, a trillion texts, and a few giggle phone calls. My lovely friends are home left me messages. Shannon sent me a ridiculous birthday clip art via text and a blake video message. My Mom, Dad, and Step Mom left me such nice messages!

I have to say... it was a good birthday! I am truly blessed to have the friends I have and am so fortunate. I do not realize how lucky I am!

So for my birthday consisted of: volunteering at Martha's table, getting a delicious milk shake at Ben's Chili Bowl, a 2 hour solid nap (epic), dinner @ MatchBox with friends (Morgan, Melanie, Emily, Lauren, Ashley, Justine, and Jen), a homemade cake from Miss Jen Steinhoff, shopping at Urban, an apartment filled with people singing happy birthday, and late night giggle sessions.

Thanks Jesus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your so morman! lol. thats good, drinking alcohol is not all people make it out to be.