Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Florida update

Today I used a 1980 vacuum, that worked better then a 2009 one. Who says time makes things more advanced?

I didn't just vacuum today. Today consisted of a few sweet simple things. I went over to my Grandma as she was laying on the bed and was about to tell her I was going to go read the paper outside. I stopped and listened. The sweet Holy Spirit told me to sit and read the bible with her, so I did.

Margaret (my aunt's sister), my Grandma, and I read three chapters of John, taking over an hour. I started reading John 1 and my Grandma continued with 2 and 3. We went through it and discussed it in great detail. I love my Grandma's wisdom and stories. I could sit and listen to her stories all day long... the more she shares, the more sense my family makes to me.

It was beautiful. We discussed why Jesus is the only way to eternal life. Even people who are Christian's have a hard time with this one. I ended up sharing about my Muslim friends and their heart ache. I ended up flipping through the bible sharing verses that I completely forgot about. I love talking about Jesus, it gets me so excited... as it should.

It was an intriguing and insightful conversation. Thank you H.S.

Some things I love about being here:
  1. I get to see my little cousins and play with them... for fun and not for a babysitting job.
  2. I get to help out small simple ways.
  3. I get to learn from my Grandma's wisdom and hear about our family history.
  4. I have had ribs TWICE and BBQ galor. Thanks to California's laws we don't have BBQ pits. So thank you Florida.
Prayer: Pray that this verse would ring true in the life of Rachel... I love her lots and do not want that bundle of joy to be sad.

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed;
perplexed, but not in despair;
persecuted, but not abandoned;
struck down, but not destroyed.

We do not lose heart.

Though outwardly we are wasting away,
yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us
an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.
For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 corinthians 4:8-9;16-18

{from her blog}.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

you are so great my dear friend.
i love you forever and always.