Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Home nature home


Most people say "home sweet home." Although, that is true and some people focus on how sweet home is... when I think of home I instantly think of NATURE. I am obsessed with the bay area. Obsessed... I cannot get enough of Sunol and hiking there. I have gone there twice this week and want to go again tomorrow. It is so beautiful and every time I stop and look out, all I can see are hills that are endless.

There is something so powerful about nature. My soul feels revived. Once I get in my car, drive down 680 South, go two exits, and have blasting indie music on, my soul screams "Ah, YESSS Jesus." It gets even better once I exit on Sunol and drive up to my hiking spot to follow the "Canyon View" trail to "Little Yosemite" to see rushing waters, sunshine, and green hills.

I connect best in nature. My soul feels like a clean slate. Repentence, confession, soul searching etc. goes on there.

I loved D.C. I felt like a city girl, felt the rush, and was beginning to get "Potomac fever."
I was in a city for four months with very little nature action. Sure, there were trees and parks, but not open space. Here in the Bay I can go 5 minutes to a place of serenity.

Thank you Jesus for hiking and nature.
My body says thank you too.

No comments: