Wednesday, December 16, 2009

As I sit

As I sit here, my mind wanders off into the distance galaxies, or so it seems. Sometimes I can think one thing, and then surprise, another comes. Sometimes I can be so sure of something, and I was wrong. Sometimes I can be so full of joy and seconds later feel distress.
I can be sure of someones relationship, and then seconds later it collapses. I can be so sure of what God is doing, and hours later be so in shock. Life is full of unexpected events that are never even dreamed of. I often wonder how I will get by in this world, if I will live pay check to pay check, and how I can continue to trust in God. I often wonder why He brings certain people into my life, just to take them away. I often wonder why He gives me the feelings He does or if they are stirred up just by myself.

Life is full of questions. There is no period at the end of the sentence of life, although it seems. Some want a period at the end of a thought or feeling. Some want an exclamation point to say "it is this way" and others just want a continuing question mark or to leave it without punctuation.

I qualify under the others. I do not want life's questions to go answered all the time. Although I would appreciate an introductory paragraph to some of life's questions, I do not want to know the conclusion on all of them quite yet. I like discussing hope in detail, why things are, how my life is going to turn out, vocation, relationships, etc. Is it enough to be okay within ones own skin? I'd like to say yes.

Thankfully my life at this moment is a whole bunch of leaps. I am jumping from one stone to another. From one event to another... Getting a taste of this world.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

amen, girl.
so prevalent in our lives right now.