Sunday, January 3, 2010

2009.

Now that it is 2010 (wow weird), I guess its my turn to reminisce on 2009.

The year started out with a month long trip to Mexicali, Mexico. Although I am still sorting through that trip, I know God had me there for a reason. I met amazing Mexican children, who laughed at my horrible Spanish, yet were so loving and received love. Although I became very ill and got ecol i (that latest a good whooping five months), God showed me a lot of things.

I learned more about the holy spirit and the gifts that the spirit comes with, thanks to "Surprised by the Holy Spirit" by John Deere.

I started attending a church that I actually felt like I belonged to in L.A. I learned about the gifts of prophecy, dreams, and healing. I learned that people are gifted with it and the power of the Holy Spirit.

I wrapped my head around the concept of Missions and the love that God has given me for Muslims. George Verver (founder of OM) rocked my world at Missions Conference.

I had many laughs and built my friendships with Shannon Tierney, Rachel McCord, and Emily Lee. Continued friendships that I have had forever include Christina Burke, Melanie Dort, and Meghan Marell. I am so very thankful for the thousands of laughs and peeing my pants with these ladies. Gross, but true. Ha.

I babysat crazy children that made me realize how babysitting is the best birth control in the world. I also realized how miz it is to have two parents working and not spending time with their children. God taught me a lot about the role of being a nanny.

I witnessed two of my friends getting married. Miss (now) Amanda Tourtellotte and Emily Miller. That was awesome//weird because of our age.

Went on an epic road trip to Oregon to see my bestie, Miss Rachel McCord, then followed to go camping with my best friend, Christina Burke.

Cried and felt great sympathy for Melanie in the loss of Jeremiah. Now he is with the Lord, happier then ever.

Got to experience the wonderful and oh so powerful Washington D.C. for a good four months. Interned at Refugees International and had my eyes opened to God's heart for international issues, such as refugees and even politics.

Visited my caring Grandmother in Florida and spent some good quality time with my family, solo for once.

Returned to my beloved California and have not been happier. I feel that I am truly in my "own skin" in this state, for multiple reasons.

Now I am resting in the fact that I can sleep in till 12, hang out with friends everyday, and turn over a new leaf. Hm, I hope 2010 is good to me. So far it has been a little dramatic: A little to much for my liking, but hopefully that will change briefly. Here's to a year of growth, a healthy body (please Lord), great adventure, and lasting friendships.

No comments: