Tuesday, January 19, 2010

the ocean

one.
okay.
secure.
in love.
liberated.
empowered.
in my own skin.

{there is one thing in the whole world that brings about these "words"...}

the ocean.

today i had to go to the santa cruz superior court to turn in my traffic school goodies, to find out that it was 8 days late. hm, did not realize that because of the extreme lack of information posted on the santa cruz website. oh well- guess my insurance will go up. after this little experience i almost started crying at the court. SO i decided that the beach was in store and there were two things that could heal this frustration: Jesus and the ocean.

did it work? you bet.

some may say i am a little overly obsessed with nature and the high it gives me, but i don't think so. God created this earth for our pleasure, for us to enjoy, and for us to take care of. i just fully embrace it.

driving down 41st ave. to hit the end, i parked my jeep, got out and was instantly hit with my 2 favorite smells: pine trees and the ocean.

i proceeded to walk down by the cliffs, letting the ocean breeze hit my hair. men in flannel walking around, surfers checking out the waves, and moms walking their babies in strollers were all in my surroundings.

i walked down the steps and climbed onto some rocks... just to find the perfect rock to sit on while i soaked in the waves beautiful noise, the smell, and the wind.

waves... miles upon miles out. there is something magical about it.
it is healing & spiritual.

i wish i could live at the beach, for as long as i live.
maybe i can.

lets just wait and see.


2 comments:

Shannon said...

or in the pakistani desert with me.

Rachel McCord said...

you are great.
this is great.
your odd obsession with nature is great.