Thursday, August 5, 2010

swimming truth






The water is your friend.  You don't have to fight with water, just share the same spirit as the water, and it will help you move.  ~Aleksandr Popov
 
There is one place in the world where I feel at complete ease: the water. Put me in a pool, an ocean, or a lake and I feel like I have experienced complete freedom. Moving underwater brings about a sense of silence, meditation, and body against self. It is liberating and comfortable. I always say that I would be a mermaid if God actually made them. Swimming brings about joy. Have you ever been swimming and people are not having fun? I do not think so. Despite being at complete peace while swimming, it is an excellent way to exercise. You work every single muscle. I agree with Mr. Popov. I have definitely experienced sharing the same spirit with the water. It is a swimming truth for those who love water.

No comments: