Saturday, August 14, 2010

Germany is a go!

Some people value night materialistic things. My family has always valued travel. Friday morning I received a call from my Maggi (my Stepmom) saying, "So I was just thinking... what days did you want to go to Germany?" I told her December 21- January 12. I thought she was just curious so I proceeded on with the conversation. About an hour later I checked my e-mail and got the most surprising message ever. She booked a flight for me to Germany and back- with her frequent flier miles that she didn't even know she had! I was in awe- she saved me about 1,000 dollars! I just feel so blessed. I am still at a loss of words.

Given that it is almost near to impossible to get a flight around Christmas with frequent flier miles, I will be leaving SFO on Dec. 21 to Boston, to Madrid, to Frankfurt. I have a fatty layover in Madrid (12 hours)! Which means... I am going to go exploring big time (if I can wake up from the Ambien I am going to take ha).

Looks like I will be sipping on hot chocolate spiked with rum, enjoying Christmas villages, skiing in the alps, buying a "Czech Me Out T-Shirt" in Prague (which is perfect because I am Czech), lots of best friend time, and much more for three weeks. I am a pretty happy girl.

Despite that lovely news, I am back at home in the bay getting lost in the stars, running into people left and right and eating delicious organic food. I have hung out with all my good friends, had a laughter filled bbq at Brads and heard some black bay area people scream "you go white girl" as I was going dumb to bay area rap last night at the club. Last night was reallyyy fun, but hearing that totally topped off my night.

I am in my element. This is where my heart is.

No comments: