Friday, August 20, 2010

Back at a place i have grown to call "home"

It takes a lot for me to start to call something home. Biola has become a place over the last three years, going on four, where it actually feels like home. Driving off the 5 onto the lovely Firestone, making a right onto Rosecrans, and then left onto Biola Avenue has become a drive that is not only comforting, but feels right. Most of you know, or should know by now, that the only other place that I consider home is my home in Pleasanton (lived there from 4 years old until now).

I started up work (which has been basically a lot of hanging out) on Thursday with SMU/AS. I have loved every single second of it and feel so blessed by the people I get to work with (which consist of a LOT of my friends- score). We will be spending lots of time together so it is so good to just be enjoying each others company before school gets a hold of us and life gets a little wild.

A lot of my close friends have returned from internships/mission trips from all over the place including Calcutta, Peru, New York City, Zambia and many more places. I have been blessed with a lot of people who have an international mindset, yet see the desperate need in America as well. It has been an encouragement to me.

Every summer I feel like very random things happen to me. Actually my whole life has been pretty random and totally unexpected.This summer was kind of nuts and a lot of unexpected things happened. God answered some crazy prayers and had me learn some hard lessons as well. I learned a lot about love this summer and what it really means. When I say I learned what it really means, I just learned what it takes to really love and how God wants us to love Him. I have not particularly mastered the action quite yet- working on it (which will be a life long lesson for sure). The book of James has been teaching me a thing or two with this.

I have been alone in my apartment the last few days, which has actually turned out to be great. I have been able to really reflect on summer and what I want out of this next year. I bought a journal today just for senior year- so I can see how God worked throughout the year. I need to be faithful to that sucker!

I want this year to be God's. I have no idea what I want to do with my life and where God will take me, all I know is that I want to follow Him. I want to pray more and I want to learn how to be a better servant (which worked out because my job at school aligns perfectly with that). God needs to become more and I need to become less.

Biola is my second home. It is so nice. I walked outside my apartment yesterday and I know almost everyone in my apartment complex- talk about getting the hook up. I am so excited for this year and really sad that it is my last at Biola. I guess this means I need to really embrace every day- and not waste it away!

1 comment:

Rachel McCord said...

Ditto to s e r i o u s l y all of this! love you.