Monday, October 19, 2009

Sweet Freedom

(La Promenade Sur La Falaise by Monet)

From 2 Corinthians 3:

Since we have such a hope, we er very bold, not like Mose, who would put a veil over his face so that the Israelites might not gaze at the outcome of what was being brought to an end. But their minds weer hardened. For to this day, when they read the old covenant, that same veil remains unlifted, because only through Christ is ti taken away. Yes, to this day whenever Moses is read a veil lies over their hearts. But when on turns to the Lord, the veil is removed. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.

Recently I have been reflecting on the freedom found in the Lord. I feel as if I am at a place where I do not feel completely free. I do feel as if I am in a rut or that God is not listening to me, just not in the intimate place that I would like to be due to the lack of prayer in my life.

I have tasted the sweetest presence of the Lord in my life due to being in constant prayer and communion with Him.

That is where I desire to be.

When I start to stray, start to not be steadfast in prayer, or alert of what God is doing on a daily basis, that is when Satan sneaks in through the back door and reminds me of worldly things that I should desire.

That is not what I desire: I am a new creation.
I am not bound by sin. I am not bound by the way of the world. I am a daughter of our Lord and I am freed.

The veil has been removed and I can live in the beautiful presence of my Savior.
Step by step, the Holy Spirit will move me the place where He wants me to be.

No comments: