Monday, October 19, 2009

NYC adventure.


On Friday I went to NYC with seven people from my program. 4 guys and 2 other girls. We took a bus on Friday and got there at 3 and went to our hostel next to central park. It was actually a really nice hostel... lots of foreign people there... especially from Austrailia! We went and got dinner and got Broadway tickets for "The Toxic Avenger." It was so funny! I was dying the whole time. After that was over we wandered around time square, got on the subway (which is sooo crazy), and went to find this one club. By the time we got there the cover charge went up to 30 dollars... so we decided not to go. We went to bed at 2! Then we got up at 4:30 A.M. to try and get SNL tickets (tv show) in at Rockefeller Square. We didn't get them... haha. So needless to say, we weer pooped. We wandered around time square at 6 in the morning and got Starbucks. Then we went back to the hostel and slept for 2 more hours. Then we went to see the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island. It was SO COLD! I thought I was going to die. I need some serious jackets. I almost fell asleep in the Museum, which I was bummed about because if I was awake I would have loved it. I called Grandma Sutton and found out that one of her relatives, Augustus Fischer, came over in 1892 from Belgium. I found him on the database there! After that we went to Ground Zero, which is pretty much a construction site, but it was good to see again. Then we went back to the hostel, took a 2 hour nap AGAIN, and went to eat at Carmines, the best Italian food EVER! Then after dinner... we went to this Christian College that is right next to the empire state building and went on the roof.... to see the view of NYC for FREE! It was legit.

THEN WE FINALLLLLY WENT TO SLEEP!
Sunday we woke up at 9, got breakfast/lunch, went to central park and the MET.... then we ate dinner, got on the bus, and returned to the lovely DC.

There you have it. My NYC trip. The people I went with were fun. I was pretty much in charge of transportation and planning of the trip. The guys might have died if Justine and I didn't plan anything. Two of the guys got to see a play with Hugh Jackman (the guy from Australia) and got pictures with him! So jealous.

Even though NYC is a lovely place I don't think I could ever live there. The only way I would is it I was loaded and had a penthouse overlooking Central Park, which probably won't happen in this lifetime.

No comments: