Sunday, January 30, 2011

Path of Loving

"The path of loving trust means:

...an absolute, unconditional, and unwavering confidence in God our loving Father, even when everything seems to be a total failure.
...to look to Him alone as our help and protector.
...to stop doubting and being discouraged, casting all our worries and cares on the Lord, and to walk in total freedom.
...to be daring and absolutely fearless of any obstacle, knowing that nothing is impossible with God.
...total reliance on our Heavenly Father with the spontaneous abandonment of little children, totally convinced of our utter nothingness but trusting to the point of rashness with courageous confidence in His fatherly goodness.

Let us thank God for all His love for us, in so many ways and in so many places. let us return, as an act of gratitude and adoration, determine to be holy because He is holy."

Mother Teresa, No Greater Love, p.63

Her heart is expressed so passionately and raw through her eloquent words. The path of loving, as Mother Teresa has described, is right on. What would it look like it I lived in this truth? I wish I had total reliance on my heavenly Father. I would like to say that I do- but it is a constant battle. Little by little I am giving more and more of myself over to Him as I desire for Him to have full reign (as all of us who call ourselves Christians do). As I am reading her book I keep finding myself stopping and rereading paragraph after paragraph. Her words are deep, loving, true, and very convicting. I am trying to figure out what it means to be "holy." I have to admit I do not understand how I can be holy, when I think of God as being the only Holy being. I suppose this is a process.

No comments: