Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Holy Smokes

I just learned that I grew up in an area where there were 28 sex offenders within my area code. I was terrified and always thought someone was going to get me when I was home alone (mainly due to the weird events that happened to me when I was home alone). Then I moved to La Mirada where there are 500 sex offenders within my area code. And now I am moving to Memphis, TN where there are 1300 sex offenders within my area code.

All I can say is "Holy Smokes." Good thing I am taking RADS. Memphis is going to be my mission field, the place where I invest my life for the next four plus years, where I love on children, and hopefully become the urban educator that God desires me to be. I am going to give it my all- relying solely on God's strength. 

God knows I am paranoid and fearful. It has been a gradual process of really relying and trusting God to be my protector and learning how to deal my anxiety. Funny how He has called me to a place where there are 1300 sex offenders... ironic? Of course God hates this... greatly. But it is still not ironic. 

This is where prayer comes in my friends.

No comments: