Monday, January 17, 2011

Europe Adventure

As many of you know, I spent three wonderful weeks in Europe. I think I could write a book on the experiences I had there (including all of the crazy things that happen). Back in August I reserved my flight to Germany with the goal of spending Christmas and New Years with Meghan (best friend from home). This trip was not intended to be a tourist trip or a trip to fit in all of the things that I wanted to do. The one goal I had for this trip was to experience Meghan's life and to better understand how she is serving military kids in Germany. And let me tell you... I think I have a pretty good grasp on her life or so I think so. I had the wonderful privilege of meeting her friends, becoming friends with them, sharing life, and lots of laughs. I got to know her girls really well because I was one of the girl leaders in Austria on the Ski Trip. Austria was by far my favorite place and my favorite experience. Pouring into the girls lives was awesome- even though I only got to spend a week with them. God did some really sweet things with our group of girls :)
I finally can understand the military hardships Meghan goes through in Germany and her living situation (not to mention that she drives stick shift)! We had some of the funniest things happen to us while we were in Austria, Germany, and Spain (ask me about them- you might wet your pants). I feel so blessed to have a best friend like her. We get along so well it freaks me out- that is what you get when you have a best friend for your whole life though, Pray for Meghan as she returns to love military brats in Germany until the end of July.

Here are a few pictures. Enjoy :)

 Christmas Eve in Meghan's small German Town- it was magical!

Christmas Eve Chapel on base got cancelled because the roads were so icy so we stumbled into this Catholic Church instead. They were "Oh Holy Night" in German and it was absolutely beautiful. It gave me the chills.

 Lauren came back to Germany after Austria. She gives me the giggles.

 Trier, Germany

 A few days after we got back from Austria it rained and the snow melted! I woke up one morning and saw green and I thought it was Christmas! 

Louis and Meghan on the "safe" Austrian sledding run. 

We got to spend a week (including New Years Eve) in this wonderful hotel! Beautiful back drop! I woke up every morning in complete awe. Austria is the most beautiful place my eyes have ever seen.

 Some of the gang on the sledding run.

I have a confession... I love McDonald's in Germany. I can't stop day dreaming about it! I hate it in America though. It is so much better there.

Cute man in Innsbruck, Austria.

This picture makes me look like I am a professional skier... which is far from true.

80's night with some of the girls in Austria- such a fun night!

Do you see how beautiful Austria is? The Alps are breathtaking! 

Some of the girls :) 

Crown? Haha. The Cathedral in Barcelona. 

This market had more fruit in one place than I have ever seen in my life. Yum!

On the Mediterranean in Barcelona. 

It was a GREAT three weeks! Thanks to all who supported me for the Austria Trip. God did some really sweet things in the girls lives- I can't wait to share with you all!

No comments: