Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lamps & Mother Teresa

"What we need is to love without getting tired. How does a lamp burn? Through the continuous input of small drops of oil. What are these drops of oil in our lamps? They are the small things of daily life: faithfulness, small words of kindness, a thought for others, our way of being silent, of looking, of speaking, and of acting. Do not look for Jesus away from yourselves. He is not out there; He is in you. Keep your lamp burning, and you will recognize Him." -Mother Teresa

The other day I decided to go to Barnes and Nobles and see if they had any historal books on the city of Memphis (which they didn't) and ended up sitting on the ground of one of the book isles reading a book on natural healing methods instead. As I was leaving the store I saw the 75% off bargain books section, which totally caught my attention. I came across a book I have been wanting to read forever- "No Greater Love" by Mother Teresa! Let's just say that her words have inspired me, challenged me, and have made me want to grow more in love with Jesus my whole life- even before I was a Christian. I have a book I am suppose to be readin for work and I just can't get it finished... Yet I can't put this book down. There is something so powerful and almost endearing when you read a book by someone you respect so much- I almost feel like I know her (even though I know she is with the Lord). Her words and actions have been talked about by my family as long as I can remember. We all have the ability to love people and to be deeply in love with Jesus like she was- it is just a matter of self- sacrifice ad allowing our hearts to be fully open to the love of God.

I want to shine for Jesus.

No comments: