Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cheers to Spring 2011

When asked where I am from I always emphasize the fact that I am from the Bay Area, not from Los Angeles... well because, lets face it... the Bay is just glorious (and I am bias).

I am sitting here in Germany, waiting for Meghan to wake up, and reflecting on how I have about four months left in Southern California. I have to admit I am getting kind of sad about it. I know that I cannot be sad about it for now and that I need to soak up every moment and live in the present. So because of that... here is my list of things to accomplish before I say adios to Los Angeles.
  1. Go to Thousand Steps as much as possible. Make it a goal to swim out past the rocks and float for at least an hour with a friend. I did this with Amy and it was literally one of my favorite moments at the beach.
  2. Go camping in Malibu Canyon for a weekend with my closest friends and bring lots of fun games.
  3. Try to make it to Coachella- better start saving or find someone to hook me up with free tickets.
  4. Spend quality time with friends- and try NEW adventures.
  5. Make it to the Santa Monica Farmers Market for breakfast. 
  6. Buy as many flowers as I can afford at the LA Flower Market on a saturday morning. For one whole week my apartment will smell like heaven.
  7. Take a stroll along the Venice Canals with a close friend that I love... then go long boarding along the ocean in Venice to Santa Monica. Reward ourselves with Tacos!
  8. Go to Pedro's Tacos in San Clemente at least three times- Memphis will be missing this.
  9. When I have three hours to kill.... drive straight to Newport and enjoy some vitamin D.
  10. When the opportunity presents itself... pray with people and encourage! 
Here is a quick list of activities I am going to be involved in:
  1. Volunteering for MIKA- my favorite community development corporation in Costa Mesa.
  2. Taking four classes and 2 PE's :) I killed myself last semester so I can take it easy my last.
  3. Hanging out with my roommates constantly and laughing ALL the time. That is what goes down in Beachcomber 106.
  4. And of course, studying.
Cheers to Spring 2011. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog on pinterest... what the hell!? THIS ROCKS! Are you still writing? We have a lot of the same interests (although I am a tid more moderate)and I can't wait to read more!

You have inspired me to start looking for summer interns, lol :)

PLEASE keep this up! A+++++