Sunday, June 14, 2009

Glory Glory Glory

13 "In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.
Daniel 7:13-14

I am reading through Daniel and I am utterly amazed by how Daniel 1-6 seems so normal and something I have heard before. Its funny how when things get serious in the bible or where it takes a serious theologian to interpret... you don't hear about passages such as Daniel 7-12. I love love love reading about the end times... even though Daniel is just a sneak peak of it. I love thinking of Jesus coming back. I long for the day when I get to see my King face to face and live in His glory forever. I long for the day when worldly possessions are no longer needed, sin is no longer present, and where people can rest wholly in God. Although I do long for the day, I do count it as a blessing to be alive today, because it is a day when I can try to please and give glory to God, which is the whole point of life right?

Hard to do and easy to say. Since I am a fallen human being, forgiven, and saved by grace... I desire to give glory to God in my daily life. It is hard, yet it is worth it. God delights in himself and although some may say that is selfish, it is righteous (Read Pleasures of God by John Piper). And since we are to be like God, we are to give glory to Him... which is such a beautiful thing.

I dream often about the day when I am in heaven and hear people praising God in all different languages... It almost makes me tear up. Even now when I see people praising God in different languages I cry... I just LOVE it! I am glad I serve a God whose Kingdom will never be destroyed... Thank you Jesus.

No comments: