Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Nerd lert

I am a senior in college and should be having major senioritis, yet I am finding that I want to take more and more classes. I am realizing that I might be a different breed of a senior.

When registration for classes was still going on I was so disappointed that the grammar English class had a time conflict with one of my classes (even though i didn't need the class at all). I just think grammar is really fun and wish I knew it inside out. I like world civilization and find it fascinating to learn about useless things- such as unknown pharaohs in world civilizations. I have also been finding myself day dreaming about learning Spanish fluently someday (which will probably take my a lifetime). Today I was talking to a communication disorders major and became instantly overjoyed with the thought of how fun the International Phonetic Alphabet is and how fascinating the human mouth, tongue, and airflow is. During work today I started to think about how fun it would be to take bible classes when i am done with Biola and my masters (maybe through IHOP).

All of these things are just so weird to me. I am so weird. I have always known this, but it is becoming more and more real to me.

I guess it is a good thing that I am going into the field of education and teaching. I find so much joy in learning really simple things. For example, I think that the water cycle is the coolest thing (mainly because it shows how creative God is with nature and order).

Well it's time for me to look up how to teach a fourth grader long division in a simple manner. I told Dulce at MIKA that I would help her out tomorrow.

Buenos noches.

No comments: