Monday, May 24, 2010

beer buying and a C

a word of wisdom: never take a distance LSU class.

i started taking geology last june and just finished it on may 14th (holler). it was a 9 month course that i intended on finishing last summer. due to working a bunch and having way to much fun, i didn't finish it. then i went to dc and decided not to bring my book. so because of that i worked on it all of winter break and spring break, thanks to my 3 month extension. since my dad is a geologist we would stay up late writing out my assignments/essays. when i got tired i would rest my head on his shoulder with my eyes closed and he would tell me the answer, as i typed. good dad, huh? i just love him.

anyways, i failed the midterm because i didn't study. science is so much different than studying something like intercultural studies, politics, sociology, etc. they are complex and you can talk your way through things. science is straight forward... which doesn't work out so well for me. concrete ideas and me don't work out so well.

i figured out that i couldn't pass the class unless i got a b- on the final. AH. so i studied hours upon hours.

and guess WHAT? i just found out i got a b- on the final... aka got a C in the class. who would of thought me, the perfectionist of grades, would be stoked to get a C? i freak out if i get a B. crazy i tell you.

i told my dad that i passed and he was STOKED. i told him to pat himself on the back, which he did, because without his help i would have not passed or would of had zero motivation. after all i took the class so i could understand his love for geology a little more.

in response to me telling him this he said, "well angela... since you are 21 you are going to treat me to a beer as a thank you. no better yet, buy me a 6 pack at bevmo of the 'world beers!'"

haha, okay dad. i will buy those for you and we will happily enjoy them together. you got it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
in other news... i really like this music video. i think its funny that one of the band members of local natives is someone i use to play hide and go seek with when i was five. talented band for sure!

No comments: