Tuesday, March 23, 2010

don'ts and wants

i don't want a picket fence.
i don't want to live in the suburbs.
i don't want to be comfortable.
i don't want a lot of money.
i don't need the next big thing.
i don't want to be like everyone else.
i don't want a nice car.
i don't want to raise my kids to be people who are not aware.
i don't want to have a normal life.

i want to live among the poor.
i want to see the kingdom of God in communities.
i want to live uncomfortably.
i want to be available for ministry.
i want to be exposed to all facets of life.
i want to be a light for Jesus.
i want people to know that they are made in the image of God.
i want to see the Holy Spirit move in places I could not imagine.

i really just want Jesus to be recognized more and more in communities.

recently God has laid the inner city of LA on my heart. i didn't think i would actually ever say that. more and more he is breaking my heart for the inner city to the point of wanting to teach. i don't know what God is up to. since He has put it on my heart, i will pray for the inner city of LA. i am not going to jump to any conclusions. God works in ways that i do not expect ALL the time. my heart is starting to break for the low-income areas of california and of america.

my life is starting to blink infront of my eyes. God has put a lottttt on my heart. don't know where He will use me, but i am totally open.

2 comments:

Rachel McCord said...

so awesome.
get it girl.

Christina Blake said...

so true about wants and dont wants. I love it, lets not let those dont wants happen!