Monday, March 15, 2010

excitement.

God is so wonderful with His crazy ways. Sometimes I really do not understand them, but I know that it is just a matter of trust and faithfulness. As many people know I have been on quite the journey to find a job coming back to Biola this semester. Luckily in the past I have never had a problem finding a job.

This is what always happens when I try to find a job:
Speaking to self:  "Do not apply for another child care job or even try to find one because you need a 'resume builder.'"

Well God is funny, I landed another babysitting job after applying to 23 places.
It is a small job- 2 Saturdays a month for five hours. The kids are 5 mo, 2 yrs, and 4 yrs. Aka my hands will be full.

Some people are NOT children people. I have lots of friends who do not get why I love kids or how I can get so excited to see them.

I just do. As much as they pester and annoy me at times, I just love them. A lot of people will say "Well you have not been around them enough." Not true. I still love them.

Nannying 2 summers for 40+ hours a week and babysitting lots and LOTS of families since I was in middle school has shown me every type of mother, father, rules, lack of rules, kids, etc.

I gotta give it to Moms.... they are hardcore. Raising kids is NOT easy.
I am really stoked to babysit this Saturday and play with that baby! AH.

Another plus is that on Friday and Saturday I am manning the H20 Project's booth at a convention in Anaheim. On Sunday I am babysitting for another family over night.

I just love how faithful God is. For a month and a half I had no job. I applied to endless jobs and nothing. I was frustrated, yet I knew that God had something in store.

Even though this may seem like a little blessing, I am beyond grateful. God has showered me with jobs this weekend that schedule absolutely perfectly. Totally the hand of God.

In other news... my favorite part of the year is here: MISSIONS CONFERENCE!

Praying for:

  • The coords... that the Lord will give them strength, joy, encouragement, and discernment with their jobs over the next few days.
  • The speakers... that the Lord would give them the words that they should speak.
  • The work of the Holy Spirit in Biola Students. Praying for people who have a passion for missions to be encouraged.
  • Students who really do not want missions conference to happen and do not feel the call of missions on their life. Praying for a renewed sense of the Great Commission and for students to see the "Big Picture."

No comments: