Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sailing On


A boat is leaving, about to catch its next adventure.
"Wait," she cries.
"I do not know which way to go Captain." says she.
He says to her gently, "Trust in Me."
Confusion written on her face.
Yet assurance being spoken into her depths.

"All Abroad" the Captain yells out.
One by one walk on.
Families, lovers, friends.
Hand in hand.
Joy spilling from their mouths.
A cloud of hope above them.
Endless wonders are seen from the eyes of those who trust.
The waves curl one by one.
East.

"All abroad... last call," the Captain cries.
Engine slowly turning on.
The girl screams "Wait!"
Heart racing, legs lifted, eyes forward.
She cries out into the earth with endless joy.
Changed forever, she leaps onto the boat.
"Welcome, I have been waiting for you," the Captain exclaims as he embraces her.

Anchor lifted.
Captain and crew in place.
Families, friends, and lovers singing.
Off to their beloved they go.

Sailing on.

-I had a vision of a compass so I started to write I saw. This is the product. I don't know what the intention was, but the Holy Spirit was at work in some way.

No comments: