Friday, September 17, 2010

Russia

I am working in SMU Right now and one of the lovely secretarial duties is to check to the mail every day. Most of the time when I check the SMU mailbox it is a lot of newsletters from different Missions Organizations. As bad as it sounds, I do not have time to read them so I end up just throwing them away.

Today's newsletter, from a Missions Organization that I will not name, caught my eye. The newsletter said with a big heading "Pastor: Murdered in Russia." It is not unlikely that pastors are murdered in Muslim populated areas, but this really hit me. Russia? Really?!

This man who was murdered was spreading the gospel and loving on lots of people in the community. A lot of people were coming to know the Lord through this man. People were yearning for Jesus and the church was growing. He was killed because of it.

Please pray that these believers would not be scared, that they would continue seeking the Lord, and that the church would continue to grow!


No comments: