Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Jesus, Memphis, and Skid Row

I want to go teach in Memphis so stinkin' bad that I cannot see straight, literally! P.s. I am almost done with my application.

I also think that Jesus is the most beautiful person EVER. I am continuously in awe of his ways and how he loves people so deeply. He meets us where we are at and cares for the lowest of low. I saw his love so real and raw on Skid Row this weekend. People worshiping the Lord who had drug addictions ... but redeemed. People who wanted to kill themselves... but captured by his love. People who wanted to kill someone... but were calmed by the gentleness of the spirit. People who were demon possessed... but couldn't get away from the worship. Urine filled the streets... but God's love POURED over that street.

Jesus is the smartest man that ever walked this earth. I wish I could do everything he said. This is a life time journey for sure.

I also realized the perfect man for me when I was on Skid Row. Don't worry he didn't live there. The Lord gave me a picture of the perfect man- no joke. Here it goes... One who I can serve with, who is a prayer warrior, who loves unconditionally, who delights in serving the lowest of low, and who will be a protector/provider.

There you have it. Bring it Jesus.

No comments: