Tuesday, September 29, 2009

tease.

before i went back home to california i kept telling my rooomate "you know, i am not that excited to go home because i am loving it here and just want to soak it all in." that has not changed. but one thing has... my less then 48 hr stay in california is slowly capturing my heart again. i am in love with the beach, the people, and well the beach. haha, i could swim forever and eat pedros burritos. i could play frisbee, body surf, and enjoy, a good sandwich on the beach any day. d.c. is not exactly like that.

it has its ups and it has its down. as of now, i know God has me here for a reason and i know that God may have me here in the future.

i am so thankful that God has put certain loves in my life where all i can do is praise Him. there is no other place in the world that makes me want to scream and yell, "God is sooo good" (the ocean that is). He is good all the time, but that is just my happy place. it is a clear place for me to see God's beauty, to be in His stillness, and to enjoy the beauty of silence (when you are underwater that is). floating as the waves go under you may be one of the best feelings. diving under the waves might be the second best feeling. i am getting a rush of excitement just writing this.

that being said, going back to orange county for my dad's wedding was a tease.
being back in d.c. the last few days has been great though. i am learning lots and lots about life in general and how God wants to use me, shape me, and mold me while i am here.

i do not want my ways to get in the ways of God's ways. the other day in class we talked about the character of God (one of my favorite things to talk about) and how God cannot be a God of justice without mercy flowing from His heart. i wanted to cry. i felt like my spirit was being renewed. passages of God healing the lame, helping the brokenhearted, caring for the poor, and dying on the cross... were flashing through my mind... and all i could do is praise Him.

No comments: