Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Abide.

As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.
John 15: 9-11

Throughout the last year, God has continued to put the word "abide" on my heart. When I am at church, when I am taling to the metro, when I am singing praises to God, when I am writing a paper, when I am talking to a friend or a stranger, when I am going to bed... I constantly am thinking of this word "abide." I do believe that the Holy Spirit has put this word on my heart for a reason.

What does it look like to abide in the Father? To love like He does? To remain stable in Him? A hundred different answers could come from this. I am continually amazed by how much the Father loves me, how much He loves His people, and how much he desires for us to love others the way He does.

Fruitful. The only way a fruit tree can bear fruit is if it is planted correctly- with the right soil, if it is watered enough, and if it is taken care of. It is as simple as that. This is exactly how God desires us, His beloved, to be.

I could write a lot, but I am choosing not to. I am just amazed and speachless as the momment. I have always loved John 15, but since January I have grown deeper in love not only with this passage, but with Jesus.

This love is so raw, intimate, and beautiful.

No comments: