Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Teddy the Thyroid

As some of you may know, I have hypothyroidism. An odd disease where your body is out of wack and your metabolism is super slow/low. It is not life threatening by any means, but it has started to catch up with me. Pop a pill in every day, thirty minutes before food, and you are good to go.

About four years ago I got diagnosed with it and instantly gained twenty pounds. It does not allow me to loose weight, no matter how much I work out and watch what I eat. This week has been my peak of annoyance with it!

One thing that bothers me: Doctors who think they can give me simple answers and think I don't do my research.

Well well news flash Mr. Endocrinologists... I have done lots of research and have read lots of books of hypothyroidism.

The sad part about some Endocrinologists is that all they want to give their Hypothyroidism patients Levothyroxine... which will help with the T4 count but does not help with the T3 count at all... leaving ones temperature still low, energy levels low, weight gain still uncontrollable, etc.

But I am SO thankful that I have discovered this natural hormone that can help with T3 and can eventually cure hypothyroidism (which I did not think was possible!) After being on the phone with Holly Anderson today, founder and director of PMS treatment clinic... I have learned a lot about bioidential hormones for hypothyroidism. Haha, don't worry I will not be treated for PMS. The only bad thing is that its all the way in LA. I have an appointment for next week and I think it will be worth the drive. I will do anything to have my energy back and my body back to normal.

Here is a little diagram of Adam. This shows the thyroid gland, a part of the endocrine (hormone) system, which plays a major role in regulating the body's metabolism.

Ha, sorry for anyone who read this who is under 50.

1 comment:

Rachel McCord said...

Bahahaha! That last statement made me literally yell, one of my great dramatic sudden yells that you miss so much.
I could hear your raspy voice explaining the whole thing! I miss you, and the fact that your body is trying to kill you.