Sunday, April 19, 2009

i love people watching, so very much.

Today I arrived at the Oakland Airport to catch my flight to Orange County at 6:30 a.m. It was pretty much the butt crack of dawn. While I was in the airport I saw a few things that one can only find in the Bay Area. I was sitting waiting for my flight and a man dressed in pastel pink dress pants walked by with a cuffed white shirt... and very nice hair. He was meeting with up with another man who dressed very nice as well. That is considered normal, no one even cares because it is seen everywhere in the Bay. I also observed that people were dressed more earthy and not as perky in the morning.

And no its not called the Gay Area...

When I arrived at the Orange County Airport it was instantly different. Blonde Hair, tan bodies, and smiles. There were Mercedes, BMW's, and all sorts of ritzy cars picking up people from the airport. The two people I loved watching most were young moms who were returning to their families and were so excited to see their kids. Nice cars are in the bay area for sure though, don't get me wrong.

Yesterday my Mom and I were at Alberto's Cantina in Downtown Pleasanton and we ate outside... which was SOO fun people watching. I don't mean to sound like a creepish stalker, I just notice a lot of things. Seriously like ten BMW and Mercedes convertibles strolled on by along with a few lamberginis and porche's. Saw lots and lots of designer stuff while I was home as well.

Its so funny to me that I grew up in that kind of town, yet I didn't really notice it until I left. Pleasanton is a great place to raise kids, there is just LOTS AND LOTS of money there.

Today was a fun day to observe. I enjoyed it.

Now I am back at Biola and need to finish a project. Yee Yee!

No comments: