Tuesday, March 24, 2009

obedienceee leads to great joy.

"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love." (John 15:9-10)

Quick side note... this is in arabic verse and I thought it was cool/ I really wish I could read it haha.

9 مِثْلَمَا أَحَبَّنِي الآبُ، أَحْبَبْتُكُمْ أَنَا، فَاثْبُتُوا فِي مَحَبَّتِي.

10 إِنْ عَمِلْتُمْ بِوَصَايَايَ، تَثْبُتُونَ فِي مَحَبَّتِي، كَمَا عَمِلْتُ أَنَا بِوَصَايَا أَبِي وَأَثْبُتُ فِي مَحَبَّتِهِ!

(It is so beautiful to me).

I praise Jesus for forgiving a wretch like me. That is wonderful. Radical forgiveness is what is even more crazy. The big H.S. has been doing some work in me today and the last few days... and its funny how when we are obedient and find joy in it, Satan always is right behind it shooting lies in my ears saying, "Why did you just do that? I mean seriously why?"

Good news, Jesus conquered the grave and calls us to forgive as He has forgiven. It truly is by the power of the Holy Spirit and through the love of Christ I am able to forgive I am coming to realize.

During MC, George from OM spoke briefly about radical forgiveness and I watched a short clip about the missionaries from the Amazon in the 1950's whose husband was killed by the people there, yet his wife continued to work among the people and her son was baptized by the very people who killed her husband.

And I thought life was rough. That is called radical forgiveness. God can work through anything. I am trying to love and forgive like Jesus. It is so hard. But so worth it.

"These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full" (John 15:11).

No comments: