Tuesday, October 16, 2007

life as it is

"so peaceful"

apparently this is my signature statement here at biola. people mock me way to much, but i really don't think i say it to much. there are a number of things that are peaceful.
1. jesus, of course!
2. my room! ahhh i love it. i kind of stay in it to much haha.
3. eating outside in the caf
4. sitting anywhere outside
5. the rain
6. the sunshine
7. reading my bible
8. the prayer chapel
9. and one of my most favorites... pleasanton.

i did not realize how much i missed pleasanton until i came back to it a couple weekends ago. i REALLLY miss the bay area. like i LOVE the bay area. the last week has been a little rough. the realization of community college and saving my parents tons of money has finally kicked into my head, a little late i'd say. i love biola, don't get me wrong, and i am so blessed to be here... its just you know sometimes i miss norcal.
for all of you who think socal is better, its not haha.
attraction wise, yes it is. beauty wise, noooo way.

it never really gets dark here. no pitch black skies with stars haha which is nooo bueno.
but the bright side: cool churches- rock harbor, disneyland, hollywood, the beach...
all a PLUS!


anyways i miss you all very much. this weekend my sister and four of her friends are coming!! and my dad is coming on sunday and we are going to see branko, his buddy who has cancer. so if you could pray for him, that would be wonderful :)

5 comments:

X-tina said...

Haha, I just wrote a blog about how I love Pleasanton so much, and then I read yours. So funny! I miss you babe!

Christina Blake said...

hahaha sooo peaceful. thats funny. i laughed at the part that says i like my room way to much.. haha everytimei talked to you your in there saying how you think you are in it to much haha

Smazz said...

Yep every city has its pros and cons...including Seattle, which I actually think is more beautiful than the Bay Area which makes it waaaaay more beautiful than SoCal, but then there is the overcast chilly weather (which then leads to another pro - months and months of cozy sweaters and scarves and hats!)

BTW - your sister is applying to go to a school in Washinton? Why not SPU? Right near downtown and doing some awesome things in the community and world. (I might be biased though).

Dan said...

please don't write so loud. it hurts my ears.

Ryan D. Pleau said...

so dan bowen has a point, between the "haha"'s and the exclamation marks, your blog is very loud. but really thats the only way to say that God is good!-- loudly and proudly. the first semester/year away is always the hardest (or so im told), you miss the environment that you were in, your family and friends. but really how awesome is it that youre away, in an environment where you are engulfed in god's presence and thus find that it is "so peaceful". whether it be your room, the "caf", or your classes, it is awesome that youve been able to find that kind of peace.