Thursday, September 13, 2007

WOAH YA!

I would just like to start out saying, i am the worst blogger in blog history haha. I thought I could do this all the time, but it doesn't work.
God has been rocking my heart the last couple of days. He’s been like look at me!!! I’m right here, see what I can do, and how I would love you to help me. Seriously that’s how I feel lol. It’s been cool because in my foundations of global studies class we talk about the most amazing and heart breaking things. Its mainly mission focused and we talked a lot about the unreached people in the world. 1/3 of the people in the world today do not know anything about Jesus, who he is, nada! Or have a church around them or missionaries for that matter. There is a website called: joshuaproject.net. It’s amazing, check it out. Pray for the unreached people group of the day. There are 11,000 people groups in the world who are not reached. that’s a lot of groups and more counting the individual people. we spent time praying for different people groups, hearing stories, and just having the lord transform our hearts. Matthew 28:18-20 says, "Then Jesus came to them and said, 'All Authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Of all nations in Greek is panta ta ethne. Panta is all. TA is the. Ethne is nations. Ethne is referring to people groups. To share the good news not just to individuals, nations, but to people groups. We have been talking a lot about being world Christians, and how we all need to be like that. Murray (my teacher) shared with us the top 5 Christian non-negotiables. 1. Everyone should have the chance to hear about the gospel in there own language. 2. Everyone must be given the opportunity to read the bible in their own heart language, knowing that god speaks their language and hears there prayer. 3. Everyone must have access to a local Christian fellowship. The church is God’s agent for change in a fallen world. Mission efforts that do not emphasize the centrality of the local church will ultimately fail. 4. Everyone should have the basic necessities for life. Food, water, clothing, shelter, and health care. 5. God’s desire is that everyone be able to lead a productive life of fulfillment spiritually, mentally, socially, emotionally, and physically.
Anywaysssss… i could go on forever and ever.
If anyone actually read this and wants to know more. There is so much I could share!!!! Ahhhhh. I feel so blessed to be here. And to be in a major where I know God wants me. its wonderful to see that most of the people in the ICS major already know that they are called there and to serve God among the nations or even in the United States. There are so many opportunities with so many cool emphasis!! as I’ve shared I’m probably going to emphasis in international development and hopefully urban ministry. We shall see!!!
Yesterday I had the chance to talk to Meghan, which was soo fun haha. Man good best friend laughs and I’ve been talking to my sister. I miss her so much!! But school is wonderful. Good friends. God is so good and worthy of our praise.
The end.

4 comments:

Muetteronomy said...

It's so great to hear that you are feeling so blessed at Biola. It's no Westmont, but...
God is so great and He works in mysterious ways. I pray your year there continues to be epic.

Dan said...

you should get a major in arrested development, which is perhaps the funniest show of all time.

i am doing well. life in p-town is tough but that's the only way d-bo knows how to live.

it's good to hear that school is going well. tim and charles were talking the other day about how much of an encouragement you are. i didn't chime in on the conversation. it wasn't my place to do so and it would've been awkward had i exclaimed "yes i agree," or, "indeed!," from the back seat, so i just sat there in silence, nodding.

mel and the baby and getting along well. he can already swim which is quite impressive (granted he only know how to swim in amniotic fluid, but soon i will teach him how is current state translates quite charmingly to water).

that is enough for now.

The Ton Face said...

Life is extremely good. That does not sound ghramatically correct when I say it out loud, but that is indeed how life is. Even when there is "reason" to be bummed out I am just encouraged in the fact that God is in control.

It is good to hear that life in So Cal is good. It sounds like Biola is treating you well. I am interested in hearing how God continues to rock your world, and shake it from the very foundations of complacent, comfortable western culture living.

Christina said...

Helllooo friend!
Have fun going home...say hi to everyone for me!