Monday, October 22, 2007

2 blogs in one day yet a different mood

after being in the library for 3 hours my mood has changed haha. although i still feel the same about the blog i posted a feel hours ago, theres someone else to talk about.

i am reading about islam nations, different views on islam, shittes, sunnis, and islamist fundamentalists....
which is very interesting. everytime i read someone about a different religion i remember how much i love learning about different religions. they always catch my interest.

a couple weeks ago after my foundations of global studies i went to an arabic restaurant about 20 min away from biola. theres just about every culture and people group in LA, thats for sure. one plus for LA! when i was there i loved it. my mind was stopped in time. when i'm in a different culture and with different people i don't think about anything else but being there. its a crazy thing. its how life should be most of the time. we went on the last day of ramadan, so all teh muslims were all excited haha. the day after ramadan is there version of christmas, so they were also excited for gifts. the own of the restaurants name was Joe. he was so excited that we were there (the only white people) and that we were enjoying his food. a man from Iran was excited to share with me the differente kinds of foods at the restaurant.

I loved it.

I am now writing a paper on different names of God. I went through psalms 1-50 and found the different images of God. For ex: righteous, unfailing love, rock, my salvation. Then i read through John and did the same thing. I had to find 80 in both of these. Now i hav eto find images of God in our Culture. So I have 19. I can't think of any more. If anyone has any... let me know. Some examples of these are.... the man upstairs, King of saints, and even that God is feminine (some people do think that).

1 comment:

khany said...

hello Angela,
i was browsing blogs on islam when i landed on your post by chance. i suppose you may no longer be interested in the subject 'on different names of god'. in the muslim tradition, we are informed by the following verse of the quran

(007.180)
And to Allah belong the best names, so invoke Him by them...

thus we are may call god by any beautiful name. yet, there are what are regarded as the 99 noblest names (attributes) of god. this youtube video may be of interest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtBO26wJt48&feature=related

peace.