Friday, March 18, 2011

Cherish

Last night at Missions Conference a beautiful thing occurred: the Holy Spirit filled the gym in a way that I have not experienced at Biola before. Not only did the Holy Spirit work in the lives of many Biola students, but the Spirit is continuing to work in the lives of people this very second. The work that happen last night cannot and did not stay within the walls of the gym. Students were led to confession and repentance. Worship, prayer, and an open mic for confession lasted until 10pm. No one wanted it to end... being in the presence of the Lord with other believers who are needy for Jesus is powerful.

As I was worshiping and crying out to the Lord is desperation, a dear friend came out of no where... at the perfect time.

We embraced each other, cried, and prayed. For a long time.

God always puts people in our path when we need them. Shannon has been a friend that God has used in such mighty ways in my life. I am convinced she is my heart sister. I think I will forever cherish that moment. It was so special. I wish I could take the memory out of my head and heart and put it onto this page... so others can see how powerful friendship really is.

Embrace your friendships. God has placed people in your life for a reason. Go beyond the surface talk... get to their hearts.

No comments: