Friday, November 12, 2010

A Friendly Reminder

Dr. Corey's e-mail/message, sent from Dr. Greene:

One thing I meant to mention at the end but neglected to do so was a word of encouragement to your students. If you could convey this to them, I would appreciate it.

My hope is that through the learning of this class that you as students interested in global service and making an impact for Christ, would take some risks and immerse yourself in one of those transformational environments. As I reflected with you last week, I remembered again how much I needed to break out experientially from my subculture and living in the world of the "other," only to discover that the "other" was not much different from me. We laughed and had families. We worked and loved. We needed to know grace. I challenge you as Biola students, mature and brave, to think and pray about how you might experience your "plunge" during these years of life in your twenties when you are about as free as you'll ever be to go for it with hardly anything to lose. As I write this, on my desk is a paperweight that reads, "What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?" You have an exemplary professor in Dr. Greene who, among others, is giving you the tools you need and I wish I had. May something stir in your heart this semester calling you to a new challenge--beyond your comfort boundaries--that will change you for the good, for good. God has throughout history used willing college students like you to take some risks for the sake of Christ's love, risks that have few if any regrets.


{Amen}


It is a Friday night. I am home reviewing before the big test tomorrow and reminding myself that God has orchestrated all things for the purpose of His will. Pray for me, por favor. 

No comments: