Friday, July 30, 2010

My Friend Shannon

Today I visited one of my best friends in her new apartment with her newly wed husband. It took about 45 minutes to drive from Pasadena to Arcadia (Little India) to where they are living. Both of them are Biola grads, who know that they are called to missions, particularly among Muslims. Most people who graduate want to go live in some hip neighborhood with a whole bunch of people who are similar to them. Not Shannon and Joel. They are living in the heart of Little India among a lot of people who are well... not white. They definitely stick out, but that is not going to get to them. I am inspired by them. They have intentionally placed themselves in a place that might not be the most comfortable, but they are doing it to meet people other then themselves and to learn from them. I am praying that they will come to know people in their neighborhood and develop lasting loving friendships. Way to go Shannon- I am proud of you (even if you do watch Jersey Shore behind closed doors).

No comments: