Friday, May 8, 2009

Most of the time when I blog, It is often a quick thought or something that I have been chewing on for a while. Often it is something absolutely absurd and unnecessary. This week has been a time of focus and of challenging moments that the Holy Spirit has placed me in. I have been dying to get my hands on the book “The Hole in our Gospels,” by the way. I have been challenged in so many ways this week. First of all, I know I am not getting married but I keep thinking about how much money people spend on weddings and then I think of how I could do it as cheap as possible. I have been thinking about how I would be disgusted if I received too many gifts and how I would want people to donate money to something instead. When I painted my toe nails yesterday I was thinking, “Man, I better take advantage of toe nail polish now because I never know if you will be able to use it on the field.” I also have been catching myself thinking I am extremely selfish for being sad my favorite sandal breaking or that I lost one of my TOM shoes. I have seen people taking quizzes on “What dream house should I live in” on facebook and have thought “Ah- I could never.” I am not saying all of this to say I am a better person by any means. It is just I am realizing these thoughts are moving into my head more frequently than ever. I have also been trying to take the gospel seriously, as in making sure its sign, word, and deed, and have found it extremely challenging. Yet God still desires to use me. I have this dream of what the church could look like if we really did follow the bible and followed Jesus example of social issues. It would be so beautiful and so powerful. What if we all allowed the Holy Spirit to challenge us? God would do so many cool things. I am in this place where I almost feel stuck. This is random grumble.
Jesus is challenging me. A lot.

No comments: