Sunday, December 21, 2008

cold freezing day, but warm welcomes.

Being home has been so good! On Friday night I went to the Bowen's Christmas party with Meg, Kristi, x, and many others. It was a grand old time. No matter how long I spent away from X and Meg, our undying love for each other will always last... haha so lame, but SO true. That night I also realized how extremely obnoxious we all are... and how we probably always will be. That night I also realized how meghan's mouth can't stop moving during a movie, once we went to Zakk's house, where I saw Katie!!!!


Here is some of us at tacky sweater party... I am really good at knowing what is going on, if you couldn't tell.



X baby, Nathan, and I.


My long-term love that is being brought out more and more… writing cards! Ah, I just love it. There is nothing better than getting a card in the mail that was unexpected. So because of this love I went to Rite Aid yesterday and bought forty cards (two packs) to write some thank you cards for the people who are supporting me for Mexico, which I am so grateful for! Our theme verse, which has been speaking truth into my life is 1 john: 16-24.

16By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers. 17But if anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him? 18Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.
19By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him; 20for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything. 21Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God; 22and whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him. 23And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ andlove one another, just as he has commanded us. 24Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us.

Such a good verse. I have been meditating on this and printed out smell cards of it to put into the thank you cards as a guide for people to know team Mexico’s heart for our trip.

Yesterday night I went to Josh and Tim’s Christmas party and was VERY surprised by how much food they prepared haha. I seriously thought it was going to be a bowl with a bag of chips in it. But it was so fun. I laughed for a good three hours straight and now my stomach hurts so bad. Had a few awkward instances with Nathan and his fake flirting with me, but hey it was a good time. It is always so nice to return home to everyone. Ryan Weber was right on about something… he was telling me how it’s always so good to come home and no one can replicate what we have here. Especially because we all have gone on so many mission trips together, been together forever at church, and have had so many good times. It really is one big family.
I am so very thankful for the people in my life at home and at school. God is continuingly showing me that he has blessed me with a great cloud of witnesses and my best friends truly love me no matter what, which I am noticing more and more. So amen to that!

No comments: