Sunday, February 7, 2010

love

i am back at my beloved biola.

this is a place where i have grown, i have been broken, i have surrendered, i have made lasting friendships, i have grown in the Lord's joy, i have learned, i have been convicted, i have been motivated, i have been called, and so much more.

i love this place for so many reasons.
i love the people i have gotten to know the last few years, i love the faces i keep seeing everyday, i love being welcomed back into this community, i love seeing old faces- yet good memories, i love sunshine, ah... and well i just love it here.

i love being back at southlands and worshipping with my fellow brothers and sisters- in a quite lively way.

i love seeing professors and them knowing whats been going on in my life- i love seeing people who have followed my journey of passions.

needless to say, God is good.

i think one of the best things about being back at biola is being surrounded my dear friends who know my heart for the world. i love d.c. and the people i met there... they were definitely a huge part of my growing process as well. there is something different about my biola friends though. they KNOW my heart for missions.

i feel like i have been revamped. i saw one of my favorite professors the other day and he instantly asked about where my heart has been- regarding my passion for missions.

i feel renewed. i often let obstacles get in the way of things God has called me to...

i have felt a little distant from the Lord in the last few months. i think there are several factors that have played into this. the most obvious being that i took my health into my own hands and decided that because of certain issues i have... that maybe its best if i just serve in a country where i know there is excellent health care.

who says God can't heal? or that He can't take away sickness? or that i can't persevere?

i am taking a linguistics class with mr. peckham. he has been and is a missionary is Indonesia for the last 30 plus years. he has had the amazing opportunity to translate the new testament for a small tribe on the north west side of the island. for about 15 years he has been sick due to the fact that he went out and prayed around 5:30 every morning. during that time of the day there is a certain mosquito that makes people very sick and has the effect of making people weak for years on end...

that didn't stop him.

wow, i felt like i got hit in the face with conviction and realization.

so needless to say, thanks to Jesus and His glorious guidance I still want to do development (automatic given), but am more then open to missions...

because after all the only time i heard God's audible voice was when I was 18 in Belize when He said "You were made for Missions" in Belize....

and the fact that there are only a few places in this world where i feel at home: california and well any other country.

thanks Jesus.




1 comment:

Rachel McCord said...

holler.
so great ang, so great.