Friday, February 19, 2010

"Ha, I put that there and it is not leaving."

God is funny sometimes.
Just when you think something is on your heart because you think it is, God is like "Ha, I put that there and it is not leaving."

That's how I feel with one aspect of my life.
I feel called to work among Muslims.

There you have it.

There are some things in life that make me squirm and feel incredibly uncomfortable (I could give you a long list if you asked).
This is not one of them.

I love the culture, I love learning, I love making friends of different cultures, and I love BUILDING BRIDGES!

I am amazed by the things God has put on my heart. Sometimes I stop and think "Really, Me? Why?" I don't know to tell you the truth. If you told me a few years ago that I wanted to work among Muslims I would have said "Ha, funny. I don't think that is for me."

The Holy Spirit is crazy and works in powerful ways, that is for sure. Through prayer, people I have met, and the way I feel at home when speaking about it and being around people who are Muslims, I know that God has put something on my heart that is by His will and not by mind.

I just want to love. I want to hug people. I want people to know they are loved not just by me, because my love can fail, but that there is a God who loves so much more than I can even fathom.

How beautiful is it that God loves so so so deeply?
I think He is beautiful.

I am in love, that is for sure. And amazed daily with the mysterious ways of God.

1 comment:

Rachel McCord said...

i just love you.
so dearly.