Tuesday, January 15, 2008

the bucket list slashhh 1 john

last night i had a wonderful mother-daughter date. my mother and i went to go see the bucket list. which actually was a really really reallyyyy good movie. if you put my mom and i in a movie theatre, its guaranteed we will cry no matter what kind of movie it is. and we did.
its worth seeing. it made me sad afterwards because my mom was like "Its so odd getting older, there are still so many places i want to go and things to do! But one of my life goals has been fulfilled... i got to take you and your sister to europe." thats when the "awwww's" came in. such a blessing to be able to travel with her.

so this is a little blog spot shout out to my mama. haha... whom i love dearly. some day she wants to travel to ireland and find where all her ancestors were from. and i want to go to the czech republic to do the same for my dad's side of the family.

hmm.. enough on that subject.
today i woke up and has the urge to read john 1. i read half of it last night, but i was so pumped when i woke up. i read through it and over and over again it repeated how we know we are in God, how to love, how the spirit leads us, how we need to walk as he did, etc.
although all of that stuck with me, there was one verse that popped out on me.

there is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. the one who fears is not made in perfect love. 1 john 4:18

bottom line: i am fearful and need to over come that. haha... i could go on more but it would be so gibber gabby it wouldn't make much sense.

anywho its HIKE time. i'm going up the the ridge. its beautiful today :)

there it is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

whaaaaa whaaaa miss you baby

Anonymous said...

haha I am jealous, you get to hike... I get hypothermia.

I am glad I read this because it just encouraged me to read 1 John tomorrow, now that i know there is one!! haha. You are such a funny kid, and I am glad we are talking as much as we are!! You know... I was thinking tonight after you got off, that you bring quite a bit of joy in my life. I think it is because you are a like a fresh air friend... haha does that make sense? I hope so, without it coming across creepy. I am pretty tired so if it did I am sorry. Anyways I am going to go chill and read the good book a bit before I try again to sleep. since it is 5 in the morning!!!

my friend aaron is getting up in a half an hour!!! this is miz.

well GMA night.
see ya biddy... don't zizzle to much!

Anonymous said...

Great work.