Tuesday, December 7, 2010

21.

Well well this is the last day of my life as a 21 year old. When you say you are 21 to people younger you feel old. But when you say you are 21 to those older than you they just think you are drinking all the time. So I am kind of excited to switch up the number.

Although 22 is a somewhat boring number, I think it completely beats the number 19. So bring it 22.

Being 21 has been a year full of challenges, growth, and a shift in passions. I celebrated my 21st birthday in Washington D.C. at Matchbox (had the most delicious burger) with some of my closest girlfriends their.

21 has been a shift in passions. I thought I was destine for the middle east, but God has other plans... teaching in the inner city. Who knew?

God blessed me with an internship at World Vision this summer and been opening all sorts of doors in the teaching world recently. I am incredibly humbled by the work that He is doing around me.

I am just thankful to be alive. I am thankful to serve a God who loves me so much- even though I cannot fully comprehend it.

Tomorrow I am going to The Olive Tree (my favorite Arabic food restaurant) with some of my closest friends- I cannot wait!

No comments: